Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Key Lime Pie

By special request! :) This was really good!

Key Lime Pie Ice Cream

1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 Tablespoon sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding powder
1 teaspoon sugar free lime flavored gelatin
1 packet Stevia or Splenda
Juice from 1 key lime (the smaller kind of lime)
2T water
1 small rectangle graham cracker (1/4 sheet)

1. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl except for the graham cracker. Blend with the immersion blender until smooth and pour into a freezer safe bowl.

2. Break the small graham cracker into dime-sized pieces and sprinkle on top. With a spoon, gently press the pieces in and smooth over the top. Put the lid on your bowl and place in the freezer. Freeze for at least 2 and a half hours.

I couldn't find a sugar free lime pudding, but I did find sugar free lime gelatin. This was my first experiment using gelatin, so I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. I think it turned out really well and the gelatin is what gives it the lovely green color.

I used cheesecake flavored pudding for a richer flavor, but I think vanilla would work well here too. You may need to adjust the amount of water depending on how much juice you get from your lime. Be sure to press and roll it on the counter before cutting it to get more juice.

Each bowl has approximately:

215 calories
23.4g protein
2.9g fat
23.2g carbs
2.1g fiber

2 comments:

Sara said...

Just letting you know I MUST link to you 30 Days of Ice Cream. This is genius. ;)

Abby said...

Please do! I love making all these recipes and hope others enjoy them as well! :)