Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week Five Update

Five weeks down, seven left to go! Here's my weekly summary. I'm starting to feel much more relaxed. I am glad I am reflecting on these goals every week. I think it's been really helpful!

1. I will make every workout count

Had a great week with Turbulence Training 2K9. Really liking that program so far!

2. I will drink less diet soda
Did better this week, but still too many. This is a tough one, but I will continue to work on it.

3. I will weigh myself ONLY once per week

This week went well. I weighed myself on my normal days of Monday and Saturday and maybe one other time. I should probably change this goal to twice a week. I weigh on Monday because there is something about starting the week with a weigh-in, and I weigh on Saturday because my last day of the contest will be on a Saturday.

4. I will eat 2000-2200 calories per day on workout days and 1600-1800 on non-workout/light workout days (updated goal)
.
Workout days were: 1906, 2138, 2039 calories; Non-workout/Light days were: 1314, 1985, 1984 and 1956 calories. A little high on most non-workout/light days but I am happy with the week overall.

5. I will eat cleanly, but will allow treat meals

Did great this week. All these new Gourmet Nutrition V1 recipes (from Precision Nutrition V3) make me feel like I'm getting treats everyday! Consequently, my snacking was at a minimum.

6. I will eat 5-7 fruits/vegetables per day

Achieved!

7. I will not worry about gaining extra weight while building muscle

Didn't worry about gaining weight this week!

8. I will not be neurotic with my diet

Did well this week. I followed the PN rules and felt good. Still weighing and measuring everything, but how else can I enter it into fitday? My true goal, after the contest, is to be able to eat without having to run it all through fitday first.

9. I will not be grumpy at my family

I think I did pretty good this week. :)

10. I will enjoy the contest and will not allow it to stress me out

Another great week!


Here is the link to this weeks TT Coaching Call: TT 7-day Fat Loss Guide. This week Craig talks about Vision Boards, working out when you have no motivation, and whole grains in your diet.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Krissa said...

You rock.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you nailed all 10...nice.

I really like the idea of a weekly summary/update.

I'm not doing the contest, but I think I'll start recapping each week (in journal)every Sunday night.

Good stuff!

Splice said...

10 great commitments to stick by. Good luck :-)
Deb