This is a quick recipe for the best roast beef sandwich. It's scaled down from a recipe in The Busy Family Cookbook. This recipe is for 2 sandwiches.
The Best Roast Beef Sandwich
4 slices marble rye bread
1/4 pound sliced roast beef
1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
2 Tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
2 slices Swiss cheese (reduced fat or otherwise)
butter for the bread
1. Lightly butter 1 side of each piece of bread. Take 2 slices of bread, place them butter side together, and set down.
2. Mix together the mayo, mustard, and chilies. Put half on each sandwich (on the non-buttered side).
3. Place the Swiss cheese and roast beef on top.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Separate the buttered sides and place the one with all the stuff on it into the hot pan. Take the other half and put it on top, butter side up.
5. Flip the sandwiches after toasting for about 4 or 5 minutes and toast on the other side.
These are sooo good. I thought I had a photo from isfeasting, but I couldn't find it. You could use any kind of bread, but I think marble rye is particularly yummy in this recipe. Speaking of isfeasting, I need to start taking pictures again. I've been slacking!