Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 3 Update

Here is my Week 3 Update as I compete in my 4th Turbulence Training Transformation Contest. I am really going to have to buckle down and clean up my diet if I want to have a great transformation. After the holidays I was really disappointed in how I looked, and while I can see I've made progress, it's not as much as I had hoped by this point.

1. I will make every workout count

Did good. Raised the weights again in some exercises, and I managed more 1-legged squats in a row than last week. Two full sets of 8 on each leg on Friday!

2. I will drink less diet soda
Still drinking too much. I was in a bit of funk mid week and consoled myself with my friend Diet Soda, which is probably better than my friend Pumpkin Pie, or New York Style Cheesecake.

3. I will weigh myself ONLY once per week

Did much better! A few days I didn’t even look at the scale.

4. I will eat 2200-2500 calories per day while building muscle (to be reassessed as needed)

I think I am changing this goal. In the spirit of the contest, I want to get a little more lean. I’m going to shoot for 2000-2200 calories on workout days and 1600-1800 on non-workout days. I think that by not drastically dropping my calories, I should be able to maintain the muscle I have.

5. I will eat cleanly, but will allow treat meals

This week went fairly well. Too many extra small treats (almonds, muscle milk brownies, protein cookies), and my main treat meal was pizza. Avoided the carrot cake and ice cream on Thursday at the office, but I ate too much today. Had my treat meal, but then ate too much tonight. Not bad foods, just too much in general.

6. I will eat 5-7 fruits/vegetables per day

Achieved every day except for today.

7. I will not worry about gaining extra weight while building muscle

See goal #4 above.

8. I will not be neurotic with my diet

Doing better. I was even able to change a few things around without a crazy binge-type episode at night. Still counting croutons, but who doesn't? ;)

9. I will not be grumpy at my family

Did OK this week. Not quite as energetic as last week. I need to spend less time on the computer and more time with my children.

10. I will enjoy the contest and will not allow it to stress me out

I was quite proud of myself as I did NOT join the new Twitter contest. I know myself too well and adding this extra pressure would not have been good for me. However, there is still time to enter if anyone is interested (last day to enter I think is January 20). Here is the link to the rules: TT Twitter Contest Rules

1 comment:

Shantay said...

Great goal reaccesmments!!!