Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Belated Elvis Week!

Darn it all, I missed National Elvis Week again. (It was last week - I think I missed it by a week last year too.) So, in honor of the King, here's a few Fun Facts I found around the internet. I can't confirm they are all true, just that I found them online. :)


Fun "Health" Facts About Elvis

His favorite drink was Pepsi
His favorite toothpaste was Colgate
His favorite games were Monopoly, Scrabble and Yahtzee
His favorite pie was lemon meringue
He was a natural blond; he dyed his hair black
He liked roller coasters
He wore a size 11 shoe
He liked to collect police badges
He weighed 5 lbs at birth
He liked his meat cooked "burnt"
His favorite sandwich was fried peanut butter and banana (made like a grilled cheese sandwich)
He died at Graceland on August 16, 1977, while sitting in his bathroom reading
In Switzerland, it's illegal to dress up as Elvis and mow your lawn

So go and celebrate with some "Skinny Elvis" ice cream or put on your Blue Suede Shoes and dance with the kids. (Could this get any cornier?) :)

Seriously, the PB and Nanner sandwich sounds pretty good. Whole grain bread, natural pb, sliced banana, lightly grilled....mmmmm.....

1 comment:

Shar said...

yep I'll have me one of those sarnies please!! Yummo!