Day 6: This is the KING of ice cream. It was so yummy!! It contains the trifecta (peanut butter, bananas, chocolate) - you can't go wrong with that! :)
Skinny Elvis "Ice Cream"
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 Tablespoon sugar free Banana Creme flavored pudding
1/2 small banana
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup water
1/4 oz (about 6) almonds
1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter or PB2
1/2 teaspoon honey (regular or sugar free)
1/2 Tablespoon sugar free hot fudge sauce
1. With your immersion blender, blend together the protein powder, cottage cheese, pudding and water. Either blend it in your freezer safe bowl, or transfer it there now.
2. In a small bowl, mash the banana. Stir it into the cottage cheese mixture.
3. In another small bowl, mix together the peanut butter (or PB2) and the honey. I use the powdered PB2 and mix it with just enough water to make it thin, but not runny. If you are using regular peanut butter, you may want to add a splash of water to make it a bit thinner. Take the peanut butter mixture and swirl it into the ice cream, but don't blend it in completely.
4. Take the almonds and give each of them a little tap with a hammer or meat tenderizer. Just enough to crack them into 2 or 3 pieces each. Sprinkle the almonds on top and then take a spoon and push them just below the surface, smoothing the top with your spoon.
5. Put on the lid and freeze for at least 2 and half hours.
6. When ready to serve, warm the hot fudge sauce and drizzle on top.
Each bowl has approximately:
So I called this Skinny Elvis even though it's not that low in calories. :) But you could share this and make it 2 servings at only about 185 calories each. Worth every calorie!