Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Date Walnut Ice Cream

If you've never tried dates before, I highly recommend this. And what better way to try them than in ice cream! ;) I used tofu tonight for no reason other than to try it. It has about the same amount of calories as the plain yogurt I occasionally have been using. Just experimenting with different tastes and textures. This seemed liked it froze more firmly than when I have used the yogurt, but maybe I just left it in the freezer longer. I lost track of exactly how long it was in there. :)

This was really good. After every bite I kept saying, "Man, this is gooood!"

Date Walnut "Ice Cream"

1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
3 oz lite firm tofu
1 Tablespoon sugar free butterscotch pudding powder
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 packet Stevia or Splenda
1/4 cup water
3 dates, chopped into small pieces
1 Tablespoon walnut pieces

1. Blend everything except the dates and walnuts with your immersion blender.

2. Place in your freezer-safe bowl and stir in the dates and walnuts.

3. Freeze for at least 2 and half hours.


Each bowl has approximately:

286 calories
25.5g protein
7.6g fat
31.5g carbs
4.1g fiber

1 comment:

Texasholly said...

This really does sound good. But I am a bit of a date nut...