Day 5 of the 30 day ice cream challenge and this was my first failure. Well, not a complete failure, it still tasted good. Just wasn't exactly what I was going for. It tasted more like a cinnamon cream with a hint of peach.
Peaches & Cream "Ice Cream"
1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup canned sliced peaches in 100% juice, drained
1 packet Stevia or Splenda
1 Tablespoon whipped cream cheese
1 Tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup water
sprinkle of cinnamon
1 small graham cracker rectangle (1/4 sheet)
1. In a small bowl, place the whipped cream cheese and add just a splash of water (about 1/2 teaspoon). Sprinkle a tiny bit of Stevia from the packet into the bowl.
2. In a larger bowl, blend the cottage cheese, yogurt, peaches, pudding, whey protein, water, cinnamon and the remainder of the Stevia packet. You may want to use just under 1/4 cup of water because the peaches give quite a bit of moisture to the mixture.
3. Transfer the cottage cheese mixture to your freezer safe bowl.
4. Dip a fork into the cream cheese mixture and swirl it into the cottage cheese mixture, but do not blend completely. Repeat until the cream cheese mixture is all transferred.
5. Break the graham cracker into dime-sized pieces and gently press into the top. Put on your lid and freeze for at least 3 hours.
Each bowl has approximately: