Sunday, August 30, 2009

Here We Go Again....

I'm joining another Turbulence Training Transformation Contest! (You didn't think I could stay away forever, did you?) My first day is TOMORROW!! I'm taking Before pictures early, early tomorrow morning. Even before going to the gym! I think my eyes will be open in the pictures. :)

If you are interested in joining me, please check out the rules here ==> Transformation Contest Rules

If you complete the 6th Turbulence Training Transformation Contest, and submit Before and After photos and a 300-word essay, you will receive SIX MONTHS FREE to the TT Members website (which includes the discussion forums and new workouts every month). That is a fantastic prize, and the only thing you have to do is complete the 12-week contest. EVERYONE who finishes (and submits their photos and essay) gets that! At least go check out the rules...

You have until September 18 to think about it... ;)

Here are my goals for the next 12 weeks:

Primary Goals
Eat healthfully and mindfully, with foods more in their natural state

To NOT use Fitday*

Complete every TT workout to the best of my ability

Run 15-20 miles (at minimum) per week

Complete two 5K races, with at least one of them under 30 minutes

*As I've said before, I think Fitday is a fantastic tool for someone who is a beginner, or is not likely to be obsessive/compulsive about it. It was becoming a little OCD for me.

Secondary Goals
Lose 5 pounds of fat (mostly from abs and thighs)

Reduce consumption of diet soda


The workout I chose to start the contest with is TT for Athletes. It's an older TT workout, but I liked the way it had a couple of optional interval days that I could use to instead work on my endurance running. It's mostly bodyweight exercises, with a couple of optional weighted exercises.

So my week looks like this:

Monday: TT for Athletes, Workout A

Tuesday: TT Intervals

Wednesday: TT for Athletes, Workout B*

Thursday: OFF*

Friday: TT for Athletes, Workout C

Saturday: 5-7 mile run

Sunday: OFF

*My gym is getting all new equipment and they are closed this week on Wednesday and Thursday to clean the area and install the new equipment. Since it's mostly BW exercises, I can do workout B at home. Next week I will probably add a short run on Wednesday (as the TT workout seems like it will be short), and will run 3 to 4 miles on Thursday. If the stars align right, I may run 3-4 miles this Thursday. :)

So that's it for now. Remember, if you want to check out the rules for the contest, you can do so here ==> Transformation Contest Rules

See you on the forums! :)

2 comments:

Krissa said...

I like your goals. I think I will have a mileage goal now too. 15-20 is awesome. I have been doing like 10. So I will start with 15.

I am highly considering doing the TT challenge as well. I really like how there a now a MILLION workout options with TT.

Abby said...

Krissa - I agree, there are so many different kinds of TT workouts to use now! You should totally go for it - Hope to see you on the forum! :)