Saturday, August 15, 2009

Week In Review

Wow, it was a really busy week this week. Sorry about missing Recipe Wednesday. It was one of those nights where I had to choose between posting a recipe and sleep. I chose sleep. ;)

Diet has been good this week. I started using unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze in my morning oatmeal, just to try something different and it was really good. Also got the kids hooked on unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze. :) This week I am experimenting with So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage. We'll see how that goes!

Training this week went really well. I know my times aren't real fast, but I feel like I am making really meaningful improvements.

Saturday: This was the day I got stuck in the rain while trying to run the course for the upcoming race. My average mile was 10:50, but I had a 15 minute break in the middle while waiting for the rain to pass. Total 5.13 miles/55:40

Sunday: 1/2 mile warm up, then 1 mile, then a quick cool down. 1.625 miles/18:53

Monday: 1/2 mile warm up, followed by 1.5 miles at an attempted race pace. I'm having trouble finding "race pace" while not on a treadmill, but this run felt pretty good. I did those two miles in 19:32 (average 9:46 per mile), then slowly jogged just under a half mile for a cool down. 2.43 miles/24:35/TT 2K6 Workout A (after running)

Tuesday: 1 mile warm up, 3x800 at race pace (4:30) with a 2 minute walk in between, then cool down. I wanted to do 4x800, but ran out of time. 3.27 miles/40:00

Wednesday: Finally got back to the course for the upcoming race and ran it after work, plus an extra mile. The course has a big hill in the beginning, and then right before the finish line, there are stairs (up, then down). YIKES. My legs are not going to like those stairs at the end. I was really pushing to finish in less than 45 minutes, but I did it! (average 10:41 per mile) 4.2 miles/44:54/TT 2K6 Workout B (in the morning)

Thursday: OFF

Friday: Did the same speed drill as last week. Walked for 3 minutes, jogged for 8 minutes, then ran for 10 seconds, ran faster for 10 seconds, ran faster yet for 5 seconds, then walked for 1 minute and then repeated that 3 more times. After that, I ran for 10 seconds, ran faster for 10 seconds, ran faster yet for 10 seconds, then walked for 1 minute and then repeated that 2 more times (total of 7 intervals). Cool down was jogging 8 minutes and then walking for 5 minutes. 2.52 miles/34:00/TT 2K6 Workout A (later in the day)

Total Weekly Miles: 19.175 miles

Today I ran for 6 whole miles! Whoo-hoo! Two weeks ago I ran 5.8 miles with a time of 1:19:49 (average 13:46 per mile) so I made my goal today to run 6 miles in less than 1:15:00. I got started a little later than I intended so the sun was higher than I had hoped, but the run felt good. I realized it takes me a good 15 to 20 minutes to hit my stride. (Note to self: warm up 15-20 minutes on race day.) At 3 miles my time was around 34 minutes, so I was feeling good about coming in under my goal time. My final time was 1:08:38! I was so excited about that time! I was especially excited that my 6th mile had a time of 11:08. My average mile time for all 6 miles was 11:24. Much better than my average from 2 weeks ago.

Off now to do a million things! LOL OK, maybe it just seems like a million things, but this weekend is jam-packed!

Finally, a big Happy Anniversary to my parents who are celebrating their 40 Year Anniversary this weekend!!!

No comments: