Saturday, July 19, 2008

This Dinner Brought To You By The Color Blah

Variety is the spice of life but I read somewhere (and I apologize that I can't remember where at the moment) that if you are dieting, you should make your meals fairly uniform in color. Supposedly, when you have a variety of colors on your plate, it makes it more visually appealing and you eat more. So this was dinner the other night:
Dark meat chicken (2.75oz) with 1/4 cup quinoa (measured before cooking), 1 cup cauliflower and 1/2 cup applesauce. Very tasty. And I was very full afterwards. So Today's Tip would be: eat a variety of colors of food - just not in the same meal. Not sure if it really works, but as long as you are eating a variety of colors, and not the same color at every single meal all day long, it couldn't hurt to give it a try for a couple meals a day. I imagine it would be hard to make every meal uniform in color. I would have to give up my beloved oatmeal with fresh blueberries! Not gonna happen.

No comments: