Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hormones, Drugs and Tattoos, Oh My!

So on Saturday, after doing those 10 chin ups, I read an article in Women's Health that said women can absorb some of the testosterone in semen, and well, the night before, hubby was home and...you know. In any case, I attempted chin ups again this morning and still got 10, even though I didn't get any extra testosterone last night. LOL

I went and got a filling today at the dentist and got 2 shots of Novacaine. For teeth that are more in the back, my dentist always gives one shot, then waits and gives one more. I learned today that whatever Novacaine-type anesthetic my dentist uses contains some form of noroepinephrine, which is why it makes my heart race, my head buzz and makes me a little anxious. Weird. I always wondered about that. Anyone else experience that?

Also, I went and had my consultation for a tattoo removal today! I am really excited to get this particular tattoo removed. Here's a little advice: don't let the guy at the tattoo parlor talk you into anything! I was young and naive. I've had this one for 10 years and I still don't like it.

And lastly, for Today's Tip, I just read this article on Yahoo! about how keeping a food journal helps people lose weight. The study involving 1,685 middle-aged men and women over six months found those who kept such a diary just about every day lost about twice as much weight as those who did not. You can read the whole article HERE. I use fitday.com to journal what I eat and recommend it!

No comments: