Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Neurosis Rears Its Ugly Head

I can be a very Type A person about some things. Fitness and Nutrition? Type A. Housework? Not so Type A. I go to restaurants with Hubby and I’ll ask him, “So, do you think this is about 2 cups of lettuce?” I have to know, so I can log it into Fitday. He must think I’m a little neurotic, or at least a little crazy, and God bless him for putting up with me.

I gained 80lbs with both of my pregnancies. After my son was born, I tracked everything and lost all the baby weight. After my daughter was born, I vowed that I wouldn’t get so crazy, that I didn’t need to get back into my skinniest jeans. I was wrong. I’m smaller now then I was when I got married. I weigh now what I weighed in high school. I feed on numbers, and measures, and planning – Oy! – the planning! I have my meals for the last 2 weeks of my Turbulence Training Transformation Contest already mapped out! Competition really brings out the best (worst?) in me. I see the results I’ve gotten with TT and I want to know how far I can go. I look in the mirror now and I CAN SEE MY ABS! Holy Cow – where have you been my whole life? (Now, if only I could get rid of the stretch marks!)

Sometimes I feel a little crazy and wish I didn’t know how many calories were in a tablespoon of peanut butter, or that my Subway sandwich has 1.83 oz of turkey on it. But overall, I think I enjoy it too much and would sincerely miss it if I stopped. It's my little hobby. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to start writing up my next workout (the new TT for Abs), which I am starting in 2 weeks.

No comments: