Monday, July 14, 2008

Chicken Roll Up Recipe

I finally decided I wasn't feeling the layout here so I changed it. I think this format is much easier to read!

I meant to take a picture of dinner tonight, but I ate it all before I remembered! It was so good. Here's the recipe:

Chicken Roll Ups

2 chicken breasts (about 6 oz each)
1oz cream cheese or neufchatel cheese
1/4c shredded cheese (colby jack works well)
1T whole wheat flour
2T almond meal
2t garlic powder
1t chili powder
1 egg mixed with 1T water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking dish with Pam, or other cooking spray. Mix in a small bowl the flour, almond meal, and spices (you could add salt and pepper, if desired). Pound the chicken breasts flat (about 1/2 inch thick or so). Place half the cream cheese and half the shredded cheese inside each one. Roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks. Roll in egg/water then coat with flour mixture. Place chicken into the baking dish and spray a quick spray of Pam. Bake for about 20 minutes. Makes 2 servings. Enjoy!

No comments: