Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Tattoo Watch

Well, it's official. My baby is preregistered for Kindergarten. I managed to sign him up without any tears. Sniff. Time sure does fly.

Now, about this tattoo. I've had a few questions about the procedure so I thought I would explain a little more about it. I had a laser removal, which is where a laser is pointed over the tattoo and all the areas are traced over. The tattoo absorbs the light from the laser and the pigment begins to break up. Then your immune system comes in and helps take away the pigment. The wavelength of the laser light can be changed depending on the color of the tattoo ink. My tattoo is just black, which is supposed to be relatively easy to remove, compared to blue or green, which are the most difficult. However, mine does not seem to be fading very quickly. Here is this weeks picture:


It doesn't hurt anymore, but it is still scabbing a little bit. There was one little tiny area that didn't seem like it wanted to heal, and even bled a bit just a few days ago, but it seems like it is healing now. It will take 4-6 weeks to heal, and I can't get another treatment until at least 6 weeks after this one. It will continue to fade as the weeks go by, at least, it's supposed to. I am still cautiously optimistic. I have, however, learned that when tape says it's "gentle", that's just code for "doesn't stick". :)

No comments: