This recipe is an adaptation from the hotcake recipe in Jillian Michael's Making the Cut. Everything I have made from that book has been delicious! This recipe will make about 10 or 11 small pancakes.
3 large eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1T whole wheat flour
1 packet of Splenda
1. Separate the yolks from the whites and put in 2 separate bowls.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the whites until nearly stiff peaks form
3. Now beat the yolks until they thicken a bit - about 2 minutes or so
4. (Optional) Run the cottage cheese through a food processor (I don't like the texture of cottage cheese.) This is also where I add the packet of Splenda.
5. Add the cottage cheese to the yolks, then the 1T wheat flour, then fold in the egg whites.
6. Let it sit a few moments before spooning onto a hot griddle. I like to use a Tablespoon, and use about 2T per pancake. Flip the pancake when the edges are dry and it begins to bubble.
7. Add the blueberries and/or walnuts (if desired) to the pancake after you spoon the batter onto the griddle, but before you flip.
8. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or sugar free pancake syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
I once accidentally forgot to take the cottage cheese out of the food processor and ended up making the pancakes without it! The texture was different, but they still tasted good!