Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Personal Best for Running

This morning I did an endurance-type run on the treadmill. Last time I did this was on 04/05/08. I really am not a runner. In April, I ran for 10:18 at 5 mph. Today, I loaded up Marillion's Marbles album, fast forwarded to Ocean Cloud, and told myself I was going to make it the whole song (it's 17:58). I ended up running for 19:30! I really wanted to make 20:00 but had a terrible stitch in my side, not to mention the chest pains that started around 14:00. I'm very proud of nearly doubling the amount of time I ran back in April! I have only done Turbulence Training interval training since April so I am sure that doing intervals has helped me increase my endurance as well.

Oh, and I then I did 11 chin ups on my way out the door...

5 comments:

Mark said...

One question - why? Just curious about how you'd do?

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

11 chinups after a 20 minute run? You are the chinup queen! Congrats on both the run and the strength Abby!

Zeolite said...

Good job! I would give anything to remember what my ribs looked like! LOL

You've got an amazing blog. I would love to be able to keep your link up on the Be Naturally Well community. Our forums will be up and running soon as well.

Link here http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

Many Blessings,
Shelley

Abby said...

Jumpow - Yep, just to see how I'd do. I like to give it a try every 3 or 4 months to see if I have improved. I don't have any distance or speed goals. I just think it's one way to measure fitness. Just one more thing to track! :)

Unknown said...

Nice work on the 19:30! You have to have goals no matter what the exercise is...running, lifting, and even stretching. So when's your first marathon? With the shape you are in now, a marathon is not that big of a stretch.

Mike Z