This is another recipe adapted from Dana Carpender's 500 More Low Carb Recipes. I used a left over chicken breast (make an extra one the night before), but if you had left over turkey, or even pork, you could use that.
Two Cheese Cauliflower Casserole
2 and 2/3 cup fresh or frozen cauliflower
1/4 cup fat free or low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 large chicken breast (5-6 oz), cooked and cubed
dash salt and pepper
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook cauliflower by steaming on the stove or in the microwave until tender. If you use the microwave, choose a dish large enough to accommodate everything and then just drain the leftover water (if any) and you can bake the casserole in the same dish.
3. Place cottage cheese in a food processor and puree. Add sour cream, egg, salt and pepper.
4. Add cottage cheese mixture to the cauliflower (in the baking dish). Add the cooked, cubed chicken to the dish.
5. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar and bake for about 5 minutes more.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving has approximately: