Saturday, September 6, 2008

End of Week One Update

The end of week one is officially tomorrow for me, but I don't have any workouts between now and then. I've chosen to begin the new TT contest (For Rules, CLICK HERE) with TT for Mass. It's actually 4 days a week instead of the usual 3 days a week. I've really been enjoying it. I've done this program before (during the last contest) and I wanted to use it again. I'm sure it will help me reach my goals of gaining lean mass. My arms felt like noodles after the upper body days, and today my glutes are sore from yesterday's workout (yeah, I'm looking at you glute-ham raises). I've been aiming to eat around 2500 calories a day on my workout days, and about 1700-2000 on my non-workout days. I'm hoping this will allow me to gain lean muscle while minimizing the gain of fat.

Speaking of eating, today I got my other 2 new flavors of Muscle Milk delivered. (GNC has free shipping on internet orders over $40 through September 8th.) The cinnamon bun won first dibs so I tried it for my evening snack. I blended it with 1/2c cottage cheese, 1 serving of sugar free vanilla pudding powder and 3/4c water, then put it in the freezer for a few hours. It was very yummy with the taste of a fresh cinnamon roll. Not too overpowering, not too sweet. I am an ice cream fanatic so this is a pretty darn healthy substitute! I will try the rocky road flavor tomorrow night.

No comments: