Monday, May 19, 2008

42

That's how many cars were on the train that we had to wait for this morning on the way to work. Set the bus back about 5 minutes. But I love trains. I felt like Selphie in FF8, singing "train, train...taking me away", or something like that! It got me thinking about other things I like; things I describe as poetry in motion. For example, when you are driving along and a fire truck/ambulance/police car comes up behind you with the lights and siren blaring and everyone pulls over to the right so they can get by. For me, that's like ballet. Everyone pulls over, the emergency vehicle goes by, and everyone gets back on the road. When it's well orchestrated, I get a little misty-eyed. It's like everyone just got out of the way so those people could go and save someone's life! I know, I'm a little dramatic. I also like watching construction sites, traffic lights with well-orchestrated 4-way turn lanes, roundabouts, and garbage trucks. Yes, garbage trucks. We just got new ones here where the driver doesn't even have to get out of the truck. There's an automated arm that comes off the truck, picks up the garbage can, lifts it up and empties it into the truck and then deposits the garbage truck back on the curb. I probably should have gone into engineering, or maybe city planning! LOL

No comments: