Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Recipe Wednesday - Peanut Butter Cups, Revisited

Sorry I haven't posted much recently. Things have been so busy!

Recently I gave the peanut butter cups another try, changing it up a little bit. These turned out awesome! I made mini peanut butter cups, which don't take as long in the freezer. :)

Mini Peanut Butter Cups

For the outside:
1 T whipped butter, softened (not melted)
1 T pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, softened (not melted)
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 packet Splenda
1 packet Stevia

For the inside:
1 T natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon honey (I used sugar free)
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil

1. Mix all of the "outside" ingredients. It will seem like there is too much powder, but give it a minute.

2. In another bowl, mix all of the "inside" ingredients. I warmed this mixture slightly to make the next step easier.

3. Divide the peanut butter mixture into 4 parts. Place each part in a mini muffin paper, placed in an ice cube tray.

4. Divide the chocolate mixture over the 4 parts. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.

How you want to share is up to you. :)


The entire recipe has approximately:

235 calories
5.3g protein
19.7g fat
11.6g carbs
6.6g fiber

2 comments:

Krissa said...

as soon as I get coconut oil, I am making these. I forgot about them!!!

Shantay said...

You are the baking Queen!!! How are things?