Monday, October 12, 2009

Week In Review - Lost Again

Except this time I'm not lost in Twilight. I've been reading Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol. I'm only on Chapter 19, so a short week in review. ;)

Week 6 ended yesterday. I am HALF WAY through my 12 week transformation, and frankly, I'm slightly disappointed. But, on the upside, I've started seeing progress and I am greatly encouraged. I always say the best motivation is seeing results!

Here's how my workouts went this week:

Monday - OFF

Tuesday - TT Mass @ Home, workout B; TT 3 Minute Arms

Wednesday - 2.19 miles (22:11); TT 6 Minute Abs

Thursday - 5 mile pace workout (1 mile warm up, 1 x 400, 1 x 800, 1 x 1200, 1 x 800, 1 x 400, 1 mile cool down) Total: 5.02 miles, 57:00. My legs were toast after this workout. Between this run and the ab circuit I did Wednesday, I was pretty sore from my navel to my toes. :)

Friday - TT Mass @ Home, workout C; TT 6 Minute Abs

Saturday - 7.05 miles (1:14:48). Really nice run this morning. 32 degrees (F), but sunny, so it didn't feel too cold.

Sunday - 3.06 miles (29:08); TT Mass @ Home, workout A; TT 6 Minute Abs. Workout A is TOUGH. I've failed my drop set 2 weeks in a row. I got an extra rep today though, so I feel like I'm gonna get it next week.

Weekly Total: 17.32 miles

Primary Contest Goals
Eat healthfully and mindfully, with foods more in their natural state: Did good this week, and even managed to stay out of the peanut butter (on some nights).

To NOT use Fitday: I popped in this week just to do a check on where I was calorie-wise on a typical day.

Complete every TT workout to the best of my ability: Yes

Run 15-20 miles (at minimum) per week: 17.32 miles this week. So I did make my goal. Whoo-hoo! Wasn't sure I was going to because this was a race recovery week.

Complete two 5K races, with at least one of them under 30 minutes: Complete!


Secondary Contest Goals
Lose 5 pounds of fat (mostly from abs and thighs): I am down a few pounds and my thighs are fitting into a certain pair of jeans again!

Reduce consumption of diet soda: Did better this week. I even had tea for dinner one night instead of a diet soda. That's HUGE for me.

It's half over, time to really focus on eating well, and working hard. My ultimate goal is to keep this lifestyle and not be "in a contest" or "not in a contest". So far things have been going well. No neurotic calorie counting, no carb cycling, etc. I'm feeling really good about this! OK, I've rambled on longer than I thought. Now, back to my book! :)

No comments: