Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week In Review - Week 2

Wow, the leaves are starting to change color already. Autumn is my favorite season, but where did summer go?

I didn't get a chance to do a Week in Review last week, so here's a quick recap:

TT Contest Week 1

Monday: TT for Athletes, workout A/run: 1.12 miles/15:00

Tuesday: TT Intervals - warm up, followed by 2 minutes running and 2 minutes walking, repeat for total of 6 intervals (first 4 were at 6.7 mph, last 2 were at 7.5 mph), cool down/3.44 miles/45:00

Wednesday: TT for Athletes, workout B

Thursday: Running - 4 miles/39:25

Friday: TT for Athletes, workout C/run: 2.16 miles/25:00

Saturday: Running - 7.28 miles/1:19:42

Sunday: OFF


TT Contest Week 2

Monday: TT for Athletes, workout A/run: 4 miles/41:50

Tuesday: TT Intervals - warm up, followed by 2 minutes running and 2 minutes walking, repeat for total of 6 intervals (first 2 were at 6.7 mph, last 4 were at 7.5 mph), cool down/3.49 miles/45:00

Wednesday: TT for Athletes, workout B

Thursday: Running - 5.51 miles/57:28

Friday: TT for Athletes, workout C/TT 3 Minute Arms

Saturday: Running - 7.93 miles/1:31:56

Sunday: OFF


Primary Contest Goals
Eat healthfully and mindfully, with foods more in their natural state: getting better

To NOT use Fitday: Didn't use. :)

Complete every TT workout to the best of my ability: Yes

Run 15-20 miles (at minimum) per week: Week 1 - 18 miles, Week 2 - 20.93 miles

Complete two 5K races, with at least one of them under 30 minutes: First one up is September 20! :)


Secondary Contest Goals
Lose 5 pounds of fat (mostly from abs and thighs): Have to wait until the end for this one. But I am down about 2 pounds since Day 1.

Reduce consumption of diet soda: Yes. I started buying the cute little 8oz cans and have those with lunch instead of the regular cans. I also eliminated the afternoon soda on most days. I still have a 12oz can with dinner.

Summary
The past 2 weeks have gone fairly well. Labor Day weekend wasn't the best nutrition-wise. We went to a wedding and I overindulged on a few things. Like potato salad. And candy. And maybe one too many rum and diet cokes. :) But back on track now.

Running has been going well. I can tell I have improved my endurance, although I don't know if my speed is a lot faster. I might try to run a 5K on Monday at race pace. I'm still debating how I want to train this week since my race is next weekend. But if I'm going to run a race pace 5K, it would be Monday. Heck, why not? Let's give it a try! :)

Have a great week!

No comments: