Friday, September 18, 2009

Week In Review And Contest Update

OK, today is the LAST DAY to enter the Turbulence Training Transformation Contest and still have the full 12 weeks to transform. Remember, when you complete the 12 weeks, and submit your before pictures, after pictures and 300 word essay, you get 6 months free to the forums. Everyone who finishes gets that, not just the winners!! See the rules here:

Turbulence Training Contest Rules

You can still enter after today, you just don't get the full 12 weeks.


Week In Review - Week 3

How can it be the end of Week 3 already? This is going by fast!!

Sunday: OFF

Monday: (AM) Running: I warmed up for almost a mile, then ran my fastest 5K ever (28:23)! Cooled down for about 1/2 mile. Total 4.38 miles/42:41; (PM) TT for Athletes, workout A

Tuesday: Had to shorten today's workout because I got to the gym a little late. TT Intervals - warm up, followed by 2 minutes running and 2 minutes walking, repeat for total of 4 intervals (7.5 mph), cool down/2.45 miles/30:00

Wednesday: (AM) Running: 3.03 miles/30:43 followed by TT 6 minute abs; (PM) TT for Athletes, workout B

Thursday: OFF

Friday: TT for Athletes, workout C

Saturday (tomorrow): 1-2 easy miles planned in preparation for my 5K race on Sunday.


Primary Contest Goals
Eat healthfully and mindfully, with foods more in their natural state: I think this week went well!

To NOT use Fitday: Still going well.

Complete every TT workout to the best of my ability: Yes

Run 15-20 miles (at minimum) per week: Week 3 - about 11.86 miles, depending on the total tomorrow (reduced number because of upcoming race, but probably could have been higher).

Complete two 5K races, with at least one of them under 30 minutes: First one up is Sunday! Feeling really good about it!


Secondary Contest Goals
Lose 5 pounds of fat (mostly from abs and thighs): N/A this week.

Reduce consumption of diet soda: Still doing better. Had quite a bit on Thursday; I need to work on drinking less when I go out to eat. The free refills thing gets to me sometimes.


Overall, I think the week went pretty well. I'll be back to update you after the race - crossing my fingers that there is no puking! :)

No comments: