Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Year of Turbulence Training

Today is Day One of my next 12 week TT Transformation Contest. I didn't see any reason to wait until after January 1st since this is a lifestyle and not a "New Years' Resolution". I posted my new goals on last Friday, but I wanted to start this contest today just looking back over the past year. The picture on the left is my before picture from the first TT contest that I began on December 31, 2007. The picture on the right is my after picture from the third TT contest that I finished on November 23, 2008. Between 12/31/07 and 11/23/08, I lost over 30 lbs and I lost 28 inches (including almost 7 inches off of my abdomen). I am excited to be beginning my fourth TT contest and I wanted to take a minute to sincerely thank Craig Ballantyne and Turbulence Training for giving me the tools to get into the best shape of my life this year. I've lost a little of the definition I had in my final picture (love that holiday family cooking) but I know I'll have it back in no time! :)

New Years Day is just a few days away. Have you made the same resolution you make every year, only to still look the same when December rolls around? There is a woman at my gym who I see every morning on the cardio machines. She is always there, chugging away on the elliptical or treadmill, book or magazine in hand. She looks EXACTLY THE SAME as she did when I joined that gym over 18 months ago. Don't be that woman. Make your goals this year and stick with them. Make your goals specific! Don't say you want to lose weight, say you want to lose 10 pounds of fat. Don't just make "Resolutions", make lifestyle changes that will allow you to achieve your goals! Find a training program you like and that gives you results, eat healthy foods instead of junk, and find the support you need to be the best you can be in 2009!

6 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

You look INCREDIBLE!! It's awesome that you found a program that you love and that works for you. The definition in your legs is amazing!!
And also great that you are "starting" now!! ;-) me too!! and it feels GREAT!!

KO

Krissa said...

"Dont be that woman."

I like that.

Those pictures side by side are amazing. I am so impressed! I cannot wait to be able to post my side by sides :)

angie128 said...

You look fabulous!

Unknown said...

Abby, I'm promise to not be that woman! You are the poster-child/wunderkind of fat burning, bodyfat blastin', a** kickin' and no excuses life-style changing. Congrats on '08 and best wishes in '09.

Mike Z

Mark said...

Good stuff Abby - I am amazed at your consistency.

Jessica said...

WOW!!! Girl, you look amazing!! Holy cow! I love to see someone find something for them and stick to it! Congrats! You should feel so proud. You can see it in your smile!

Happy New Year!
Jess