Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

The other day the kids were asking for cookies and I thought oatmeal raisin sounded good. I checked out the recipe that comes on the canister of oatmeal and the first ingredient was 2 sticks of butter. I decided I was going to try something different. I based my recipe off of a couple different recipes. Here's what I came up with - the kids gave them 2 thumbs up! :)

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Dry Ingredients
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1.25 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup raisins (I used 4 "fun size" boxes)

Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup egg whites (about 1-2 egg whites)
1/4 cup pancake syrup (I used sugar free)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Except for the raisins, mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.

3. Pour the wet into the dry and mix until just blended. Stir in the raisins.

4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. I used a small scoop.

5. Bake for 10 minutes.


I made 21 small cookies, each with approximately:

46 calories
2g protein
0.4g fat
8.7g carbs
1.3g fiber

No comments: