Today's recipe is adapted from Dana Carpender's 500 More Low Carb Recipes. I've kind of been on a casserole kick and this one is yummy, comforting and filling.
Tuna Veggie Casserole for One
3 oz can tuna in water, drained
1 small or 1/2 large celery stalk, chopped
6 oz cauliflower, chopped (fresh or frozen - about 1.33 cups)
2 Tablespoons light sour cream
2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise (not fat free)
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1 small zucchini (about 3-4 oz)
2 Tablespoons shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoons shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. Cook the cauliflower. I like to put it in a casserole dish with a tablespoon of water, put on the lid and microwave it for 4 or 5 minutes. Choose a casserole dish that will be large enough to accommodate the whole recipe and you won't need to wash as many dishes. :)
3. While that's cooking, chop the celery and scallion. Pulse the zucchini in a food processor, or chop into small pieces. Mix all these together with the tuna.
4. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and mustard.
5. When the cauliflower is done, add the zucchini/tuna mixture.
6. Pour the sour cream mixture over the top and give it a little stir.
7. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle both cheeses on top and bake for 5 minutes more.
The entire recipe has:
Almost half the fat is from the mayonnaise, but I don't recommend fat free mayo. I have considered using tofu instead, but haven't tried it yet. If anyone replaces the mayo with tofu, let me know how it turns out!