Yes, folks, it's back! Yippee!
Today's recipe is adapted from the April 2009 issue of Oxygen magazine. It's a frittata that is really easy to make and is super delicious.
Broccoli Quinoa Frittata
1/4 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
1 cup broccoli, cooked (I usually steam or microwave, depending on time restraints)
2 egg whites (or 6 Tablespoons of packaged egg whites)
1 whole egg
1 Tablespoon skim milk
2 Tablespoons reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Turn on the broiler in your oven.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the egg whites, egg and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place cooked quinoa and broccoli in a small oven-proof skillet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Pour egg mixture into pan and let cook until just set around the edges. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
5. Place pan under the broiler until the cheese is melted and edges are just starting to turn brown.
Makes 1 serving, each with approximately: