Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, New Goals

This year has gotten off to a pretty good start, and I wanted to share a few goals/resolutions that I have for the year. You are already familiar with some of these. :)

1. Post on the blog more often.
I've been a little neglectful.

2. Run a marathon.
Or even jog one. :) I haven't been running as much as I would like to be. I confess, I've been a bit of a wimp. The weather has been really cold, and even though I bought some cold weather running gear, I haven't run outside. I also have a nagging pain in my foot. It actually started around the time I ran the half marathon. I thought it might be plantar fasciitis, but I don't have any heel pain, which seems to be a common symptom. It's more in the ball of my foot. I feel it in the morning when I first wake up, and also after sitting for a while, like when I'm in a meeting and then stand up afterward. I'm concerned because I haven't even started training yet!

3. Be more personable.
I am horrible at small talk. I've been accused of not being "effusive". So this year, I will "effuse". :)

4. Spend more time with my husband and kids, separately and together.
I always feel like I'm telling my kids, "In a minute." I want to spend more quality time with my kids. And a "date night" with my husband every once in a while wouldn't hurt either. :)

And, of course, eat right, exercise, and get more sleep. All of which will help me achieve my goals!

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Shantay said...

Great Goals Abby!!!

Did you join the new contest?

Abby said...

Hi Shantay - thanks!

No, I did not join the new contest. I want to focus on running and didn't think I would have time to give my full attention to the workouts in a contest as well. I also want to make sure I have enough time for recovery and don't want to overtrain.