Monday, January 31, 2011

Days 4-8: A Recap

Thursday morning I was supposed to run 2 miles, but I woke up too late to get to the gym. I might have been able to run outside, but it's still pretty dark at that time of the morning, and on top of that, it was snowing pretty good. So I decided to throw in a 20 minute yoga DVD. I turned on the TV and DVD player and put in the DVD. Then I proceeded to putz around the house doing "this and that". If I don't take care of "this and that" before the workout, then I will think about it during the whole workout (see previous post RE: brain chatter). So by the time I got done with "this and that" it was too late for yoga because I had to go to work.

By Thursday afternoon, my "sniffle" had become a full blown cold. I didn't work out on Friday, and I stayed home from work. I ended up sleeping most of the day - I hadn't realized how exhausted I was! By Friday night, aside from some sneezing, a runny nose, and a few lingering body aches, I was feeling a bit better.

On Saturday morning I decided to give running a try. I was supposed to run 10 miles, but I just didn't see that happening. I started out slowly, and the first mile felt pretty good. The second mile was mostly uphill, so it was a bit slower. The third mile was mostly downhill, and it was a bit faster. :) During the fourth mile, I was still feeling good, so I decided to turn away from home instead of toward home. I finished with 5.84 miles at about an average 12:00/mile pace. And I was pretty tired.

Sunday was a day off.

Which brings us to today. I was going to run 3 miles this morning. And so I drove to the gym. And then realized I forgot my tennis shoes. Grrrrrr. So I went back home and got my shoes and went back to the gym and ran 2 miles.

After my workouts I've been drinking the Lemon-Lime Recovery Drink from Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life. It looks like the "sludge test" from freshman year science class, but actually tastes great. Although I don't think my husband would try it in a million years. :)


Week 1 totals: 11.6 miles, 25 minutes Warrior Yoga

No comments: