Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 2: Feeling Like A Wimp

During week 2 I was still feeling pretty tired. I went to see the doctor and I had a mono test done. The results came back inconclusive; the nurse basically told me that I might have mono, but I might not. I had mono years and years ago and that was much worse than this. But it would explain why I am so tired.

Monday was the day that I forgot my running shoes when I went to the gym and so I only ran about 2 miles.

Tuesday was a 30 minute tempo run.

Wednesday was a snow day! It was a blizzard outside and I wasn't going anywhere.

Thursday and Friday just didn't happen. I didn't work out at all - too tired. I know, I sound like such a wimp!

Saturday I was feeling a little more energetic. I was supposed to run 5 miles - I ran only 3.

Sunday I was supposed to run 11 miles (according to my master plan) but I'm just not ready for that so I planned to run 8 miles. The first 4 felt pretty good, but during the 5th mile I got really tired. I decided to take a short cut home and ended up running about 7.5 miles. My pace was super slow, but I didn't care. I think I would have been able to run 8 (or even more) if it hadn't been snowing for the entire run. I had to run in about 1/2" to 1" of snow and it was a little bit like running in sand. I was absolutely exhausted when I got home.

So, 3 days off this week, but not quite a total bust.

Week 2 totals: 15.3 miles
Week 1 totals: 11.6 miles, 25 minutes Warrior Yoga

No comments: