Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TT Contest Week 10: Enjoying Summer

Wow, look at all the cobwebs around here. I've been a little neglectful. :) We've just been enjoying the summer, being outside, taking the kids on vacation, etc.

Workouts have been going well. I've decided to use the original TT for Abs for my last 4 weeks. (I only have 2 weeks left!) I'm not expecting a super dramatic transformation. I didn't gain any weight while on vacation, but I didn't lose any weight either. ;) Though I did complete all my workouts, so that probably helped. It was actually really cool. I was able to workout outside every day, just after sunrise. We were staying in a cabin that overlooked a lake and it was just beautiful to workout in that area. I even brought up my PowerBlocks (even though my husband gave me a weird look when he had to load them into the trunk) so I was able to complete my TT workouts.

One recent major achievement was my first 13 mile run. I actually had my husband follow me on a bike since it was my first time running that far. He would go ahead, and then drop behind, and then take a break, haha. I think he was more sore the next day than I was! My time was 2:22:27 (average pace: 10:58 per mile). I was very happy with that because a) I finished it without stopping; and b) I thought it was a good pace for me.

Finally, here are the promised patio pictures!

Here's the Before....

Looking one way:


And then the other way:


And here's the After (before the grass grew):


And another After (after the grass grew - the patio really isn't slanted, just took the picture at a funny angle):


Have a great week!

4 comments:

Shantay said...

Abby~ I love the patio. It really adds to the yard! Good job!!!

Awesome on the 13 mile run! You continue to amazy me girl! Funny that hubby got sore from the bike, considering he got to take breaks! LOL

Abby said...

Thanks Shantay!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby! How's your summer going? Thought I'd drop by to see how you were doing! :)
Cath

Abby said...

Thanks for stopping by! Summer is going too fast, that's for sure! :) Otherwise, it's been great!