Chocolate Chip Cookies
1.5 cups spelt or whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter, softened
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 cup powdered Stevia (I used "Stevia in the Raw")
3/4 cup Sucanat
1 Tablespoon unsulphured molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (10 oz) package of grain-sweetened chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, blend flours, baking soda and salt.
3. With a mixer, beat butter, Stevia, Sucanat, molasses and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the coconut oil and pumpkin. Then add the eggs one at a time, blending well after each one.
4. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I used a small scoop and used parchment paper on my cookie sheet.)
6. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake.
According to the Toll House website, their recipe makes 60 cookies at 110 calories each. I made 49 cookies at about 92 calories each.
Sorry for the bad picture. Maybe Santa will bring me a new camera. :)