This Weekend's Turbulence Training members forum challenge was a little different. It was a workout for Change and Hope, inspired by the recent election. Here are the 10 things on the list:
1) Do as many pushups as you can, to failure. Record the number and remark at how far you've come. If you know you can already do 75 or more pushups in a single set, do pull-ups or chin-ups instead.
2) Run for 1 mile. Before you do, set a goal. For every 10 seconds above your goal you need to do 1 pullup or bodyweight row.
3) Learn one new exercise you haven't tried before.
4) Find one new healthy recipe, make it, and eat it as one of your meals. Bonus points if you learned about the recipe from a fellow TT member.
5) Recommit yourself to your goals listed in the Fat Loss Manual
6) Smile...a lot (although I'm sure that isnt a change from most days for TT members!)
7) Do something nice (really nice) for a loved one
8) For those who live in countries that participate in Halloween...Throw out all of your leftover Halloween candy. It's called junk food for a reason!
9) Keep that momentum going and do a total kitchen makeover. Raid the pantry and toss the processed carbohydrates from a bag or a box (or take the unopened to a food shelter). Don't let that stuff mysteriously get in there in the future!
10) Do an activity you don't normally do (but don't overdo it!)
So here's what I've done so far:
1. Did 45 push ups during my workout on Saturday. A new personal best!
2. Ran a mile in 10:55. Another personal best!
3. Tried the Inchworm exercise. Had never done it before.
4. Will be trying a new recipe for twice baked sweet potatoes later this week. Got the recipe from the TT recipe forum.
5. Recommitted to my private, personal goals. :)
6. Smiled a lot! I had to return a pair of pants and exchange them for a smaller size, and Hubby had to tighten his belt a notch.
7. I cleaned the bathroom. Even behind the toilet. Usually Hubby's job because I hate doing it. I have a 4 year old son. Need I say more?
8. I haven't eaten any Halloween candy this year, but I did go through what was left of the kids' candy and removed all of the candy they either won't eat, or are too young for (gum, suckers, etc). I will be bringing it to work to give away.
9. Went through the kitchen. Not too much to get rid of, but I cleaned out the fridge and freezer of some old stuff that should have been thrown away long ago. :)
10. Reserved the racquetball court at the gym. Hubby and I have never played. Should be funny to see! LOL
It's all about change this week! What are you waiting for?