Tuesday, February 7, 2012

End of Phase One

Last week I finished Phase One of the Pull Up Challenge Workout. My goal was 5 pull ups, but I didn't quite get there. :)

Last Thursday, I did a "jump pull up" test, which is how I did pull ups in past workouts (jumping start up to the bar). I got 3 pull ups, which is 1 more than before I began this program.

On Saturday, I went swimming again - still 16 laps in 20 minutes. But I'm not really going for speed at this point, I just want to get in the pool!

On Sunday, I ended Phase One/began Phase Two with my regular test: pull ups from a full hang, pull ups beginning with my toes touching the floor, chin ups from a full hang, and chin ups beginning with my toes touching the floor. Here's a look at my overall progression from the beginning to the end of Phase 1.

Start
Full hang pull ups: 0
Toe touching pull ups: 1/4
Full hang chin ups: 0
Toe touching chin ups: 1

Week 1
Full hang pull ups: 1/4
Toe touching pull ups: 1/2
Full hang chin ups: 1/4
Toe touching chin ups: 1

Week 2
Full hang pull ups: 1/4
Toe touching pull ups: 1/2
Full hang chin ups: 1/2
Toe touching chin ups: 1

Week 3
Full hang pull ups: 1/2
Toe touching pull ups: 1
Full hang chin ups: 1/2
Toe touching chin ups: 3

Week 4
Full hang pull ups: 1/2
Toe touching pull ups: 1
Full hang chin ups: 1/2
Toe touching chin ups: 3


Phase 2 is subtitled "Getting From 1-5 Pull Ups" so I guess Phase 1 did deliver with my 1 pull up. :) Now, moving on to 5 pull ups! In Phase 2, the workouts seem similar to Phase 1, but there have been a couple new exercises and it seems like there are more supersets. I haven't looked too far ahead, but that's how it appears so far. Also, one of things I will be watching more this week is nutrition. Recently, I've had a few more treats than I should have.

Have a great day!


Please see my Disclaimer/Disclosure Statement.

No comments: