Sunday, April 25, 2010

Talking 'Bout Mo-Motivation

So, my diet of the past couple weeks has been pretty bad. I'll have a couple good days, and then I'll eat a big brownie. I'm not trying to follow any weird or complex plan, just trying to simply eat healthy foods. So I was considering entering the next Turbulence Training contest for motivation, which I think begins in a week or so. That was until....I opened the current issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine and saw that they were having an 8-week transformation contest! I began weighing the pros and cons of this new contest:

Cons
1. Had been looking at joining next TT contest (more workout flexibility)
2. M&F Hers workout is 4 days/week (5 days/week during weeks 5-8)
3. Want to begin half marathon training at end of May
4. Contest ends in mid-July, which leaves a little over a month to complete half marathon training
5. Probably more contestants than the TT contest
6. Last day of contest is during my planned vacation, but....

Pros
1. ...I would look great on vacation! Great Motivation! :)
2. M&F Hers contest is only 8 weeks long
3. No essay ;)
4. Could potential work in my half marathon training as the workouts don't seem too long
5. Prize is a trip to California for a M&F Hers photo shoot

So I am quite torn at what to do. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated! :) I have a couple weeks to make a final decision.

Have a great day!

No comments: