Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Today's Tip: Make a List

I give you...my cookbook cupboard. They actually all fit in here at the moment since I lent a couple to a friend. There's a nice variety - good old Better Homes and Gardens, Gourmet Nutrition, Eating for Life, Extreme Lo Carb Cuisine, Cake Doctor Cookbook {record scratches} Wait, back that up, Cake Doctor Cookbook? That can't be right. {Sounds of shuffling, books falling, scissors cutting, tape dispenser...uh.. dispensing}


There! That's more like it!



Seriously, though, Today's Tip is go to the grocery store with a plan! Plan your meals for the week and bring a list. There are so many temptations at the grocery store. (Yeah, I'm looking at you Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries.) Ooh, a funny side note about Captain Crunch. When I was in high school, I threw up after eating Captain Crunch for breakfast. It comes out shockingly bright pink. And since I had eaten it less than an hour before, it still tasted like good old Captain Crunch. I know most of you just said, "ewww" but I see a couple of you nodding your head. Wait, you're not nodding your head? You're watching dogs on pogo sticks? Huh. Well, I suppose that would be fun to watch.

3 comments:

angie128 said...

But I *love* the Cake Doctor cookbook......!!!!

Angie

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

LOL! That was funny! Would you recommend any of the low-carb cook book that you have? I'm sort of shopping for them currently.

Abby said...

Nanny Goat, I always go back to Dana Carpender's 500 Low-Carb Recipes and 500 More Low-Carb Recipes. I also like Sharron Long's Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine. I have all of Suzanne Somer's "Somersizing" books and use those a lot as well.