Friday, March 28, 2008

Doughnuts and the Yogurt Bar

This week is my rest week after completing 12 weeks of Turbulence Training (more on that soon). The planets aligned such that my husband was on vacation this week as well. This was bad, very bad. Last week my 3-year-old son looked at me with his big blue eyes and sweetly said, "Mama, can I have a doughnut?" As we only have doughnuts 4 times a year, and I was going to be done with my 12 weeks, I told him that we would get some when Daddy was on vacation. Wednesday was the fateful day. I went and got the doughnuts while everyone else was sleeping. I got home and gently woke up my son for preschool. He opened his eyes and said, "Do we have any bagels?" LOL

Today is my last weekday on my rest week so I decided to try the yogurt bar at the cafeteria here at work. It sounds healthy, right? I started with 1/2c of plain yogurt and added about a tablespoon of blueberries, 1/4c cherry pie filling, 1T walnuts, and about 1T granola. Not sure about the cherry pie filling!

Next week is back to business as usual!

No comments: