Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weeks 1 And 3 Complete Including The Maiden Voyage

This week I finished Week 1 of the weight loss challenge where I work, and I finished Week 3 of the Pull Up Challenge Workout. I only lost about a pound, but I'm OK with that. :)

On Tuesday morning, I got to the gym a little later then I had hoped, and then realized I had forgotten my tennis shoes at home. Since I couldn't workout in my boots, I went home. I realized I didn't have enough time to drive back to the gym, so I completed the workout at home. Although I did skip the deadlifts. I was running short on time and I couldn't think of a good substitute, so I just skipped it.

Yesterday I finally got my new swimsuit into the pool and completed its Maiden Voyage! The sprint triathlon I am thinking about doing has a 1/2 mile swim, which is about 16.5 laps in the pool. I swam 16 laps in about 20 minutes and I was pretty happy with that considering I haven't swam that far in quite some time.

Today I did another Pull Up Test and improved from last week. From a full hang, I did 1/2 of a pull up, but starting with my toes touching, I got 1 full pull up! For chin ups, I got 1/2 from a full hang, and 3 when I started from my toes (I made sure this week!) I don't think I will make my goal of 5 pull ups from a full hang after the first 4 weeks, but I do feel like I am getting better. Next week I am going to try pull ups from a jumping start. Before I started this program, I could do 2 and I am curious to see if I have improved using that method.

Have a great day!

Please see my Disclaimer/Disclosure Statement.

No comments: